if you don’t think science is used as a tool of oppression then you probably don’t want to hear about the fact that the ova is actually the gamete that has the more active role in human fertilization
the vagina actively tries to kill sperm that will not make for a healthy fertilized egg. the…
4:59 pm • 6 December 2013 • 253 notes
This is a $150,000 chair made out of nickels. Good morning.
11:42 am • 4 December 2013
Tom Daley comes out as bisexual:
||Awesome, he'll be a great role model for people to look up t-
||HE'S GAY HE'S GAY HE'S GAY TOM DALEY IS GAAAY
11:26 pm • 3 December 2013 • 42,339 notes
Hey NYC Tumblrs! Join Riverhead Books & Flavorwire on Thursday, December 12 at the Brooklyn Brewery to celebrate the holidays & raise funds for PEN America.
We hope to see you there!
5:20 pm • 2 December 2013 • 12 notes
Boyfriend is currently tailoring a hoodie on a sewing machine. He’s beating me at domesticity, damnit.
6:28 pm • 1 December 2013 • 3 notes
Casual @momomilkbar-style birthday cake for breakfast? Okay!
8:35 am • 29 November 2013 • 1 note
So these are my new, specially-engraved-with-peonies-and-my-initials IPA glasses. Thanks, @a_p_craig
10:15 am • 25 November 2013 • 1 note
Just so everyone knows, this is the definition of torture.
10:38 pm • 23 November 2013 • 1 note
Dear Interviewers, This is Not Acceptable:
- Interviewer 1: Oh, you write for [publication]? And how’s that? (eyeroll)
- Me: I really enjoy it. The freedom to cover what I want is great.
- Interviewer 1 (to Interviewer 2): Do you know these people? I’ll tell you all about it later. It’s a hoot, I guess. (to me) If you’re into that sort of thing.
- Me: (blink blink)
- When you shit all over someone’s work, you make it way less likely that they want to be employed by you.
- Bigger picture: when you disparage other media companies, as a media company, it makes you look catty and defensive.
- Even bigger picture: when you devalue the work of other publications, it makes it okay for other people to do that to you!
9:24 pm • 20 November 2013 • 2 notes
Vacation reading books have arrived.
5:58 pm • 19 November 2013 • 1 note
Have I mentioned…
That this is one of the first birthdays I have literally no clue what I’m getting from a loved one…?
The only things I’ve asked for are a baby otter and the Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra.
7:47 pm • 18 November 2013 • 1 note
I had such a great weekend,
Doing basically nothing. Wrote three articles, applied for a job, then hung out in Greenpoint and Harlem with friends/boyfriend. I’m going to a food-writing panel tomorrow, and then next week I’m spending a few days at a cabin in the Adirondacks, hanging out, drinking beer, visiting Hill Farmstead and Otter Creek and the Ben & Jerry’s factory.
A very happy pre-birthday to me.
3:04 pm • 18 November 2013